Travel Information Zimbabwe
- FLAG 🇿🇼
- CAPITAL Harare
- GOVERNMENT Republic
- CURRENCY US dollar (official for governmental transactions)
- POPULATION 12,521,000 (2009 Census)
- TOTAL AREA 390,757 km2 (water 3,910 km2, land 386,847 km2)
- LANGUAGES English (official), Shona (official), Sindebele (official) (the language of the Ndebele), numerous but minor tribal dialects
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Zimbabwe
- Harare – Capital and the largest city in Zimbabwe.
- Binga – One of the outposts of Zimbabwe, with limited access roads.
- Bulawayo – The industrial and business capital of Zimbabwe.
- Kariba – On border between Zimbabwe and Zambia.
- Masvingo – Boasts the Great Zimbabwe National Monument.
- Victoria Falls
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com