Travel Information Uganda
- FLAG 🇺🇬
- CAPITAL Kampala
- GOVERNMENT Republic
- CURRENCY Ugandan Shilling (UGX)
- POPULATION 33,398,682 (July 2010 est.)
- TOTAL AREA 236,040 km2 (water 36,330 km2, land 199,710 km2)
- LANGUAGES English (official language), Luganda (most widely used of the Niger-Congo languages), Swahili, other Niger-Congo languages, Nilo-Saharan languages
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Uganda
- Kampala – a bustling African capital. It is the only ‘city’ in the country.
- Arua – located in the NW corner of the country, reached by daily flights from Entebbe Airport or by bus from Kampala.
- Entebbe – a collection of some upmarket residential streets and a slew of government offices on the shores of Lake Victoria, dominated by State House, the official residence of the Ugandan President. The location of Uganda’s only international airport, about 1 hour south of Kampala by road.
- Jinja – located on Lake Victoria and at the source of the Nile. Home to Nile Beer.
- Fort Portal – a clean and well-organised highland town surrounded by extensive tea plantations, a number of fine colonial buildings and a superb Rwenzori backdrop.
- Gulu – Gulu is the de facto capital of the north.
- Mbarara – a southwestern town en route to several national parks.
- Kabale – a small town in the far south of the country near Lake Bunyonyi.
- Kisoro – located in the extreme southwest corner of Uganda next to the borders with Rwanda and DR Congo. It is the closest town to Mgahinga Gorilla National Park and Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
- Mbale – It is a border town in Eastern Uganda. You can visit Mount Elgon from here.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com