Travel Information Somalia
- FLAG 🇸🇴
- CAPITAL Mogadishu
- GOVERNMENT Federal Government; none de facto
- CURRENCY Somali shilling (SOS)
- POPULATION 17,753,310 (2002 estimate based on 1975 census)
- TOTAL AREA 637,657 km2
- LANGUAGES Somali (official), Arabic (official), Italian, English
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Somalia
- Mogadishu – the capital city of Somalia, and generally considered one of the most dangerous cities in the world
- Hargeisa – the capital city of the autonomous region of Somaliland and, by Somalia’s standards, a fairly safe place
- Kismayo – a port city in the south of the country with lots of dangerous wildlife
- Bosaso – a port city in the north east of the country
- Garowe – the capital city of the autonomous region of Puntland in somalia
- Berbara – a port city in Somaliland .
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com