Travel Information Nigeria
- FLAG 🇳🇬
- CAPITAL Abuja
- GOVERNMENT Federal Republic
- CURRENCY naira (₦, NGN)
- POPULATION 154,729,000 (2009 estimate)
- TOTAL AREA 923,768km² (water 13,000km², land 910,768km²)
- LANGUAGES English (official), Hausa, Igbo, Yoruba, Fulani
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Nigeria
- Abuja – Capital. Although built from scratch, it has beautiful rolling terrain with modern Nigerian architecture.
- Benin City – city of the Edo people
- Calabar – oil region, World’s highest concentration of butterflies is situated in the surrounding regions of the city
- Enugu – The coal city (ancient coal town, former capital of Easthern Nigeria and tourist friendly)
- Ibadan – geographically the largest city in Africa
- Abeokuta – very historical city to the Yorubas; Home of the Olumo Rock and Former President Obasanjo.
- Kano – important Hausa City, commercial hub of the north
- Kaduna – former capital of Northern Nigeria, connected via rail to Abuja with beautiful tourist and polo attractions
- Lagos – second most populous city in Africa, former colonial capital and huge commercial hub
- Osogbo – home of the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Sacred Grove of Osun
- Owerri – a quiet city in the Igbo speaking region.
- Port Harcourt – port city in the oil region
- Warri – home of the deltans
- Uyo – oil region with a lot of tourism potentials
- Makurdi – Capital of Benue State: The food basket of the Nation. You can enjoy maximum hospitality and a lot of good food (at cheap rates) as well as see the beautiful River Benue.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com