Travel Information Mozambique
- FLAG 🇲🇿
- CAPITAL Maputo
- GOVERNMENT Republic
- CURRENCY Metical (MZN)
- POPULATION 19,406,703 (July 2006 est.)
- TOTAL AREA 801,590 km² (water 17,500 km², land 784,090 km²)
- LANGUAGES Portuguese (official), indigenous dialects
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Mozambique
- Maputo – the thriving capital in the far south of the country.
- Beira – a busy port town and capital of Sofala Province.
- Vilanculos – Bazaruto Archipelago the largest sea park on the African coast
- Inhambane – a pretty historic town on a bay.
- Nampula – an industrial city in the north and capital of Nampula Province.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com