Travel Information Morocco
- FLAG 🇲🇦
- CAPITAL Rabat
- GOVERNMENT Constitutional Monarchy
- CURRENCY Moroccan dirham (د.م MAD)
- POPULATION 32,725,847 (July 2006 estimate)
- TOTAL AREA 446,550km² (land 446,300km², water 250km²)
- LANGUAGES Arabic and Tamazight (official), French and Spanish are often the languages of business
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Morocco
- Rabat – The capital of Morocco; very relaxed and hassle-free, highlights include a 12th-century tower and minaret.
- Casablanca – This modern city by the sea is a starting point for visitors flying into the country. If you have the time, both the historical medina and the contemporary mosque (the third largest in the world) are well worth an afternoon
- Fez – Fez is the former capital of Morocco and one of the oldest and largest medieval cities in the world.
- Marrakech (Marrakesh) – Marrakech is a perfect combination of old and new Morocco. Plan to spend at least a few days wandering the huge maze of souks and ruins in the medina. The great plaza of Djeema El Fna at dusk is not to be missed although the sheer number and concentration of tourists may be off putting for some.
- Meknes – A laid back city that offers a welcome break from the tourist crush of neighbouring Fez. Was once an imperial capital and retains its extensive walls and an “old city” smaller yet similar to that of Fez. There are a number of vineyards in the area around Meknes.
- Ouarzazate – Considered the Capital of the South, Ouarzazate is a great example of preservation and tourism that hasn’t destroyed the feel of a fantastic and ancient city.
- Tangier – Tangier is the starting point for most visitors arriving by ferry from Spain. An enigmatic charm which has historically attracted numerous artists (Matisse), musicians (Hendrix), politicians (Churchill), writers (Burroughs, Twain) and others (Malcolm Forbes).
- Taroudannt – A southern market town
- Tetouan – Nice beaches and is the gateway to the Rif Mountains.
- Al Hoceima – Beach town on the Mediterranean coast
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com