Travel Information Mali
- FLAG 🇲🇱
- CAPITAL Bamako
- GOVERNMENT Republic
- CURRENCY CFA franc (XOF)
- POPULATION 11,716,829 (July 2006 estimate)
- TOTAL AREA 1.24 millionkm² (water 20,000km², land 1.22 millionkm²)
- LANGUAGES French (official), Bambara 80%, numerous African languages
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Mali
- Bamako – the booming capital and largest city by far, fastest growing city in Africa, with a good claim to be the music capital of West Africa
- Gao – small city on the Niger in the far east of the country, one time capital of the Songhai Empire, and home to the Tomb of Askia
- Kayes – Mali’s westernmost big city, by the border with Senegal, and best known for being the hottest continuously inhabited location in Africa
- Kidal – a remote Tuareg city, with notoriety as a centre of the Tuareg rebel movement and for Al Qaeda activity
- Mopti – a city across three islands in the middle of the Niger; gateway to Dogon Country
- Ségou – Mali’s third largest city and one-time capital of the Bamana Empire
- Sikasso – Mali’s second largest city and one-time capital of the Kénédougou Empire
- Timbuktu – the legendary Saharan city of gold, trans-Saharan trade, and Islamic scholarship is nowadays a (fairly commercialized) centre of Tuareg culture.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com