Travel Information Liberia
- FLAG 🇱🇷
- CAPITAL Monrovia
- GOVERNMENT Republic
- CURRENCY Liberian dollar (LRD) US Dollar (USD) widely accepted
- POPULATION 3,042,004 (July 2006 est.)
- TOTAL AREA 111,370km2
- LANGUAGES English 20% (official), some 20 ethnic group languages, of which a few can be written and are used in correspondence
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Liberia
- Monrovia – the capital and with a population of around one million people is Liberia’s largest city.
- Robertsport – Coastal town with excellent surfing opportunities, a comfortable holiday lodge and a beachside campsite.
- Harper – Located at the southeast of the country, Harper is the former capital of Maryland. It is known for its beautiful beaches and beach houses. Now these houses are dilapidated but its still possible to get a sense of the glory of the past.
- Paynesville – interesting for BASE-Jumpers
- Buchanan – Coastal city and home to Liberia’s second largest port, used predominantly by Arcelor Mittal to export iron ore from mines near Yekepa.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com