Travel Information Ivory Coast
- FLAG 🇨🇮
- CAPITAL Yamoussoukro; Abidjan remains administrative centre (moved from Grand-Bassam in 1893 then Bingerville in 1933)
- GOVERNMENT republic; multiparty presidential regime
- CURRENCY CFA franc (XOF)
- POPULATION 17,654,843 (July 2006 est.)
- TOTAL AREA 322,460 km²
- LANGUAGES French (official), 60 native dialects with Dioula the most widely spoken
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Ivory Coast
- Abidjan – Remains the administrative center and other countries maintain their embassies there.
- Korhogo – Rebel head quarters; otherwise idyllic, bursts with commerce during Feb – May because of flowing cotton and cashew trade.
- Aboisso – Important mile stone on the route connecting Abidjan and Ghana trade route
- Bouaké – the second largest city
- San Pedro – the second port city
- Yamoussoukro – Although it has been the official capital since 1983, it is not the administrative centre.
- Grand-Bassam – A coastal town full of colonial charm, often a retreat for local Ivorians seeking to escape the city life of Abidjan on the weekends.
- Man – A town in the central west surrounded by hills and a great place for hiking up Mount Tonkoui.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com