Travel Information Ghana
- FLAG 🇬🇭
- CAPITAL Accra
- GOVERNMENT Republic
- CURRENCY Ghana cedi (GHS)
- POPULATION 24,233,431 (2010 estimate)
- TOTAL AREA 238,533km2 (water 11,00km2, land 227,533km2)
- LANGUAGES English
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Ghana
- Accra – national capital and largest city.
- Bolgatanga – Ghana’s gateway to Burkina Faso
- Cape Coast – Cape Coast slave castle is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Elmina – coastal town with a quite harrowing slave fort
- Kumasi – traditional centre of the Ashanti Kingdom and Ghana’s second largest city.
- Obuasi – mining town.
- Tamale – largest city in the north and gateway to Mole National Park.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com