Travel Information Congo Republic
- FLAG 🇨🇬
- CAPITAL Brazzaville
- GOVERNMENT Republic
- CURRENCY Communaute Financiere Africaine franc (XAF)
- POPULATION 3,702,314 (July 2006 est.)
- TOTAL AREA 342,000 km2 (water 500 km2, land 341,500 km2)
- LANGUAGES French (official), Lingala and Monokutuba (lingua franca trade languages), many local languages and dialects (of which Kikongo has the most users)
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Congo Republic
- Brazzaville – the capital of the Republic of the Congo. It is separated from Kinshasa, the capital of neighboring Democratic Republic of the Congo, by the Congo River.
- Kayes (Congo)
- Ouésso – a transit hub in the remotest far north of the country, in a territory with many nearby Pygmy villages.
- Owando – one of the recently municipalized cities in the country, and is considered one of the best places to visit in the north of Republic of Congo.
- Pointe Noire – a port city on the coast.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com