Travel Information Chad
- FLAG 🇹🇩
- CAPITAL N’Djamena
- GOVERNMENT Authoritarian regime
- CURRENCY Communaute Financiere Africaine franc (XAF) (central African)
- POPULATION 9,944,201 (July 2006 est.)
- TOTAL AREA 1.284 million km2
- LANGUAGES French (official), Arabic (official), Chadian Arabic (lingua franca trade language), Sara (in south), more than 150 different languages and dialects
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Chad
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com