Travel Information Benin
- FLAG 🇧🇯
- CAPITAL Porto-Novo
- GOVERNMENT Republic under multiparty democratic rule
- CURRENCY Communaute Financiere Africaine franc (XOF)
- POPULATION 7,862,944 (July 2006 est.)
- TOTAL AREA total: 112,620 km2 water: 2,000 km2 land: 110,620 km2
- LANGUAGES French (official), Fon, Yoruba, other tribal languages
- DECIMAL SYSTEM x
- TIME ZONE x
- LOCATION x
Most popular cities in Algeria
- Porto-Novo – The capital
- Abomey – Royal Palaces are on the UNESCO World Heritage List
- Cotonou – Port town, International airport
- Grand Popo – Beach resort town close to the Togolese border
- Parakou – Largest city in the central region
- Malanville – Largest city in the far north, lies on the Niger border
- Natitingou – Largest city on the way to northern Togo or Burkina Faso.
Sockets & Plugs
xxx uses 220V, 50Hz with sockets and plugs Type D and Type M.
High crime rate
IDP is required
An International Driving Permit (IDP) is required alongside your original license. IDP can be issued by your local automobile association before you leave home.
Rent a car
In order to rent a car:
- you must be over 25
- must hold a full license for at least a 1 year
- almost always have a credit card (Visa & MasterCard are the best)
Alcohol, drugs & prostitution
Cannabis is illegal & criminalized
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire department 112
Vaccinations listed are recommended
The following vaccinations listed for this country are recommended for your protection and to prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
- Typhoid fever
- Hepatitis A
- Yellow Fever
These apply only to select travelers or persons on work assignments.
- Hepatitis B
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $18.75Was: $20.95
Price: Out of stock
Price: $22.43Was: $32.99
Price: $21.62Was: $29.99
IF YOU SEE ANY INCORRECT INFORMATION, OR IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOMETHING, SEND US A MAIL.
SOURCE & MORE INFORMATION: thebasetrip.com